Saudi Arabia and U.A.E. Clash Over Oil, Yemen as Rift Grows
- "Once close friends, the two biggest Arab economies are increasingly competing for money and power"
- Will the UAE leave OPEC?
- Doubtful because UAE benefits more by staying in OPEC
- They like people to think that they are talking about leaving
- UAE has spare capacity
Forget Peak Oil Demand: A Thirst for Barrels Puts $100 in View
- Will China's demand push oil to $100?
- Amin Nasser of Aramco says demand will outstrip supply soon-ish (maybe H2)?
- Recession in the West and not in the East?
- Is a recession really coming? Mixed indicators.
- It isn't in OPEC's interest to have a recession or runaway oil prices.